Wednesday, January 9, 2013

PAINT BY NUMBERS ART


 I saw this upcycle a while back on A Beautiful Mess, of course! I have to say that a lot of my ideas/inspiration for crafts come from that site. When they did it, they bought pre-made adherent letters and spray painted white over it, then peeled them off. Way easier. However I wanted to do a longer phrase (from one of my favorite Animal Collective songs) so I would have had to buy a few packages of letters. So I set out to do it the hard way! I've had this idea in the back of my head, while I kept an eye out for a Paint-By Numbers piece of art at the thrift stores. And finally found this one! It is super faded so I realized the color scheme kind of looks like camouflage.. but I was desperate okayyy! 

Materials
Finished paint by numbers artwork
White paint


I printed out the phrase I wanted, "Kissing the wind through my window screen" in the font I wanted and the size I wanted, to make sure it would all fit on the picture. Then I just free-handed it, looking at the font and size for reference. Paint white around the letters and you're done! The font I chose was kind of a hassle because of the little details, but I love how it turned out! Also, choosing a more bulky font will allow you to see more of the original picture behind it!
-Jerica-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!