Thursday, December 27, 2012

CHRISTMAS BRUNCH


For Christmas my sister requested a Christmas Brunch! So Christmas Eve as I did some last minute present shopping, I Googled some recipes and found a Goat Cheese and Caramelized Balsamic Onion Quiche and a Starfruit and Spinach Salad.  I got the original recipe for the Quiche here but made a few minor changes. 

Ingredients
2 pie crust (I used a store bought crust)
2 Onions 
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar 
3 tablespoon sugar
1/4  cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
8 large eggs
5 ounces goat cheese
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tomato, sliced into ¼ inch slices

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. lay the pie crust into your baking dish
3.Bake the pie crust according to the instruction. While it bakes begin caramelizing your onions.
4. Slice onions and cook on the stove with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt/pepper, and sugar.
5.Take the crust out when it is done and let it cool
6.spread onions in the baking dish and crumble in goat cheese
7. In a bowl mix together buttermilk, milk, eggs, salt, nutmeg, pepper
8. Pour mixture into baking pan and bake until egg is set and golden. for about 40-45 minutes



My uncle has an amazing fruit garden and always send us tons of fruit. This time he sent us a huge box of start fruit. More than what we know to do with! So I threw some in with some spinach and almonds for a salad. For the dressing I mixed together some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, lime juice, minced garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. I didn't really measure it out exactly just poured and mixed until it tasted right! 
-Amy-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!