I devoured this for dinner and then the next day for lunch. It was delicious, quick, and suchhh a comfort food. And I love any dish with wine, my most favorite comfort food. Cause I'm a girl and all. Get it?? ahhahahahahahahhhahha. But back to the recipe....
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb hot or sweet Italian turkey or chicken sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 8 oz (2 1/2 cups) penne, ziti, or rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, dried, and chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook until lightly browned. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in wine, water, pasta, tomatoes, and salt. Increase heat to medium-high and stir often, until Penne is tender and liquid has thickened. Stir in 3/4 cup of cream or half-and-half; increase the amount up to 1 cup if the dish needs a little thinning after you add the spinach in the next step.
- Stir in spinach, one handful at time, and cook until wilted. Remove from heat, add Parmesan and salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy! Recipe adapted from here. -Jerica-