Sunday, September 9, 2012

CORN CHOWDER- FOR THOSE COLD DAYS TO COME!

Mmm today I made corn chowder from a recipe my friend Jessica gave me! I changed it up a little because it wasn’t as spicy as I wanted it to be. It was amazing though.


Vegetarian Chile Pepper & Corn Cream Chowder

2 TBS butter
1 C. Chopped Onion
2 Anaheim Peppers ( I used 4)
1/2 C. thinly sliced celery
1 pkg. frozen corn (16 oz) ( I also threw in some peas cause I love them)
12 oz. red potatoes diced
4 C. whole milk
6 OZ. cream cheese ( I used fat free- granted this is already unhealthy so it probably made no difference)
salt and pepper to taste
(Then I threw in some Cayenne peppers, chili powder, and garlic powder- to taste.)

1. melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high add onion, peppers and celery cook & stir 5 MINUTES
2. move into big soup pan and add corn, potatoes and milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Remove from heat add cream cheese salt and pepper. stir until cream cheese is melted.
EAT AND ENJOY!
-Amy-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!